viernes, 19 de octubre de 2012

The hope of a clean planet...


Hello to all!

Today I will talk about how worried I am about to take care of our nature and environment. I don't know what shade of green I am, but since I was a little girl, my mother and me take care for plants, trees, flowers and lawns of our house. In summer with my mother we water the grass, trees and flowers every night, and we water the plants every two days, because too much water is bad for them. In winter, give water to the grass less often, because it rains often. In my department here in Santiago, I have two plants that are interior, this means they must be inside the house; these plants were a present from my boyfriend's grandmother. I have been concerned to water them once a week, and once a month I left them in the shower to clean all their leaves.

We learn to take care of our environment, watching television shows where we advise, or searching in the Internet tips for care for nature. Always I meet people who recycle trash, but I don't do that, though it seems a good idea to talk to my neighbors to recycle our garbage, would be a good contribution to the care of the environment. In Curicó, frequently I use the bike to get around from one place to another, but here in Santiago I'm afraid to ride a bike, because I think there are many cars and I consider it unsafe, though there are bike path, there isn't in all parts. I don't support any environmental organizations, because I'm not very informed about them. To reduce my carbon footprint, I try to walk or ride my bike to mobilize myself in Curicó and here in Santiago, I get around by bus or metro and walk.

In our society we need to be aware with the care of the environment, we need to know that Santiago is highly polluted, how bad the pollution does to nature, to our body and animals. We need to help inform us to save our environment.

Goodbye! See you next class!

1 comentario:

  1. Clau is very nice that you care so much for your plants. Congratulations =)

    ResponderEliminar